Team Triangle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would like to offer my opinion on the name Team Triangle. Please take the time to read.

+2
Bearcules
Shaada
6 posters

Go down

I would like to offer my opinion on the name Team Triangle. Please take the time to read. Empty I would like to offer my opinion on the name Team Triangle. Please take the time to read.

Post  Shaada Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:01 am

I get the feeling that people think Yarning and I are joking when we say that we want to keep the name Team Triangle. Let me explain to you that we are not.

Over the course of my gaming years I have been involved in the creation of many a team/clan/guild etc. Along with a number of you. With this of course comes the decision of the team's official name. Many names were chosen, yet, as you can see today, none of them stuck. These names were chosen over a short period of time using the likes of forum polls, lists and informal discussion. Sure, we all came to an agreement of a name in the end, but I think we can all agree that no name was strong enough to stand the test of time. Had it, it would still be around today.

I think this was for a reason: none of those names had any meaning. They were all forced. Created in quick time in order to get the team on it's feet ASAP. A good short-term fix yes, but it didn't, and couldn't, last.

Team Triangle has been a name in our heads for a good while now, and at least for Yarning and myself, it has stuck as a quality name. And I think I know why. Team Triangle is simple. It shows we don't care about fancy names or what people think of us. We play games and we play them together. With such a simple, and seemingly silly name, who would think much of that team? "Who cares!" I say. We're a tight-knit bunch of guys with our priorities in order. That's all that matters and that's what people will grow to see, as we continue to grow as a team. We may not be there yet, many of us don't even know each other and we hope to see many new faces in the near future, but these are the ideals I know I want in a team. And that team is Team Triangle.

Please criticise or rebut. If you don't like what I'm saying or think another name implies better ideals then by all means have your say. I just hope I can convey at least my opinion on the name Team Triangle a bit more clearly, and I hope even more than I can convince at least some people that the name Team Triangle is a good one.

Thanks.
Shaada
Shaada
Leader

Back to top Go down

I would like to offer my opinion on the name Team Triangle. Please take the time to read. Empty Re: I would like to offer my opinion on the name Team Triangle. Please take the time to read.

Post  Bearcules Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:22 am

A good argument finally, instead of just TT4LYF and other shit. Not saying I agree with the name but still, good points have been made.

I'd like to offer another name; Man The Harpoons. I'm not sure how this name was overlooked as we played under that name for years. The name did stick and the only reason we ever stopped using that name was because TF2 degraded into a giant, steaming pile of shit, coloured in hats and gimmicky weapon unlocks, and our primary competitive game was destroyed. We lost contact with a lot of other core members.

Man The Harpoons wasn't a quick, short-term fix - it was a name that stuck and that many of us were proud to have. It was hilarious, had its origin in an awesome story and wasn't completely try-hard i.e. Death Inc, Evil Geniuses etc. Most of you here (including myself, Shaada, Yarning, Plutonic, Arcarno/Roebuck, Bman/Shoomp) were a part of that team.

Shaada raises a great point in that name doesn't matter so much as people will grow to see past the name, provided we consistently show that we're good (just like in TF2). Great point though it is, I still disagree with the name Team Triangle. Triangles don't really cream my twinkie, float my boat or rock my socks.

And so, I submit to you, gentlemen of the jury, the name Man The Harpoons for re-consideration.

Good day.
Bearcules
Bearcules
Leader

https://teamtriangle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I would like to offer my opinion on the name Team Triangle. Please take the time to read. Empty Re: I would like to offer my opinion on the name Team Triangle. Please take the time to read.

Post  Yarning Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:31 am

Hi friends, please hear me out as I too have a very strong opinion on this important topic.

When Phantom first proposed the name Team Triangle, we had been bantering back and forth, suggesting names left right and centre, but nay, they were all shot down without a second thought. Team Triangle instantly clicked. There was no doubt in our minds that this was it, there was no need for silly polls or any other kind of discussion (such as what is currently happening on this forum), the name had chosen itself.

This is a rare thing in this day and age of short attention spans and young people try to find 'buzz', names, which may sound cool at first but the joke surrounding them will quickly tire. I urge members of this forum to see reason, I feel like many people (namely Phantom, the creator of the name!) are simply following what they believe to be popular opinion by attempting to discredit the name 'Team Triangle', these are weak minds who will do anything for a little approval, their opinions should not be heeded, why throw away such a fine name with such a spur of the moment decision?

Team Triangle has stuck with us through thick and thin, for many weeks now we have been proud members of Team Triangle, with our own catchy tag line ('Geometry Geniuses!"), why throw all this away? Collectively we have managed to gather two of the best Tribes players in Oceania (Yarning, Shaada), the best Halo player in New Zealand (Bald), and a mighty fine chip eater (Oatch). This is a name which breeds success.

But listen, I'm a reasonable guy with reasonable goals (becoming the greatest), I will happily listen to any arguments against the name 'Team Triangle', (besides 'its shit', 'its gay', and all such carry on I have heard so far).

Team Triangle is a name which has longevity, it is simple, it is perfect, much like the triangle, the most noble of shapes. It is a name which will hold weight 6 months from now, a year from now, heck, even TEN years from now!

I am proud to call myself a Trianglonian / Triangulator / Triangleer / Triangleteer!

Thanks.

Yarning
Yarning

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRaviolis Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:09 am

Yarning wrote:the joke surrounding them will quickly tire.

The joke surrounding team triangle tired seconds after i suggested it, as well as the tag line.

The origins of the name stemmed from the carets (those things ^) placed above players heads in Tribes: Ascend, it holds no resonance, no power, no instant recognition of awesomeness. In fact all players in Tribes have carets above their heads in some form assuming all Tribes players are in some form associated with Team Triangle, this is not the truth and the name Team Triangle as it originally stood is scientifically incorrect. A caret in any form is not a triangle, it is a caret, the only Tribes players that actually had a caret (^) were if i remember correctly opposing light classes?. Why should we take a name that originated from the opposition's class symbols?

I believe that you all have provided strong arguments and if you were to replace Team Triangle with "Man The Harpoons" would make an infinitely stronger one.

I was not around in the old days of TF2 although had heard about MTH. The first things I thought were: Professional, Serious yet not try hardy or retarded/stupid, Fun. It seemed like a great thing to be a part of even though i had never even been a part of it. I remember seeing the steam group and everyone's synced avatars.

It was perfect.

I would be more than glad to call myself a Harpoonist/Harpoonulator

Bring back Man The Harpoons <3
PhantomRaviolis
PhantomRaviolis
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRaviolis Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:10 am

also discrediting Team Triangle as the popular thing to do is wrong, considering TT won the vote by a vast majority
PhantomRaviolis
PhantomRaviolis
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arcarno Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:31 am

I really don't care for what name we have, as long as we have a name to go by. Really all that matters at the end of the day is how well we do and our actions in game really; not some name.
Arcarno
Arcarno
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  kp Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:23 am

I will always round up the financially challenged and clasp them in chains

if that helps

kp
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Post  Bearcules Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:38 am

Haha yes... Enslaving the poor, so to speak.
Bearcules
Bearcules
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaada Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Ok, so it looks like Tribes competition is going to start up in a week or two. We've already started approaching players to join our team. This means we need to make a decision on a team name rather soon. As I see it we have 3 choices:

Choice uno: Finally agree upon a team name and start our legacy.
Choice dos: Segregate and have the Tribes team under one name, and decide upon a GW/D3 name later. Logistics of this to be discussed.
Choice tres: Come up with an intermittent team name for Tribes i.e. Shaada, Teabagger and Phantom's Team, until we come up with a global name.

Ideally I'm sure we'd all like choice uno but has anyone changed their stance or come up with any other options/compromises?
Shaada
Shaada
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Bearcules Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:53 pm

I have a headache right now. I don't know. But I am still opposed to Team Triangle. So unless Man The Harpoons is the consensus right now, then I'm going to go with choice number 2.
Bearcules
Bearcules
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Bearcules Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:38 pm

New name idea.

Ready, Fire, Aim.

Straight out of Iron Man. Shameless.
Bearcules
Bearcules
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRaviolis Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:27 pm

I still like Man The Harpoons due to the fact it fits with every game and is a bit more memorable/relevant than Team Triangle

Harpoons would make for a better logo than triangles also.

Than again its only me ben kp on Tribes so I guess we could have something seperate, although I think D3 and GW2 should def be under the same name to extend its legacy etc plus no point in having a million names
PhantomRaviolis
PhantomRaviolis
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down