Team Triangle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Current State of our Team Name

4 posters

Go down

The Current State of our Team Name Empty The Current State of our Team Name

Post  Bearcules Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:48 am

Shaada and myself have come to the agreement that the Tribes: Ascend team will be keeping the name Team Triangle for themselves. The other sections of our team, namely the Guild Wars 2 section will be under a new, different name. As of now, no name has still been decided upon.

A ton of names have been thrown around and it seems that the more names we have to choose from, the harder it is to pick one. In the same manner, the longer we leave the choosing of a new name, the harder it will be to pick one - I believe that a long period of indecisiveness will make it seem like we're searching for a perfect name, making every single suggestion simply not good enough.

So I leave it up to you, the current and core GW2 members, to decide upon our course of action. Do we either:

a) Organise a big steam chat in which we all discuss names and come to a decision there and then.

Or

b) Continue to suggest new names and/or discuss the merits of already suggested names in the forum.

Please offer your opinion.
Bearcules
Bearcules
Leader

https://teamtriangle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Current State of our Team Name Empty Re: The Current State of our Team Name

Post  Shaada Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:48 am

Best case scenario for me is that we all willingly pick Team Triangle! All other suggested names just don't click for me.

Although I think a group steam chat would be the best idea, provided we could get everyone online at once, I don't like the idea of forcing the issue. IMO, that's the mistake we always make with picking names. I would prefer we discuss a new and agreed upon course of action based upon everyone's individual stances i.e. if we find we have a strong half and half split on something, we can come up with a compromise or go down a whole new road.
Shaada
Shaada
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRaviolis Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:30 pm

it's only you and yarning who oppose all other names and everyone else opposing team triangle so shouldn't the compromise be more on your end Razz?

I'll be fine with Team Triangle for Tribes since I accept your views etcetc (our potential new team members may have something to say though)(jks)(but not really)

Ben and kp aside I don't think many people really care as long as its NOT Team Triangle. So i guess its up to you two to come up with some way around this.
PhantomRaviolis
PhantomRaviolis
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bearcules Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:03 pm

As has been pointed out by kp (kiwipork), the issue with our name has crossed into the realm of retardedness. Kp was right in saying to me that we're taking the whole name thing FAR too seriously - in trying to come up with a non-serious name, we've had the most serious and intense discussions ever. I'm inclined to agree.

I'm close to just capitulating and accepting Team Triangle as a name. I don't really care anymore. I just want to make a very strong and very solid team that'll make it to the very high levels of play (I'm serious on this point -we're aiming very high boys).

HOWEVER. I still think Triangles are fucking stupid. How about a different shape.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_geometric_shapes
We have plenty to choose from.
Bearcules
Bearcules
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRaviolis Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:05 pm

"arbelos" sounds like a good shape.

But yeah this is retardation in it's prime form. Yarning and Shaada are pretty gay for TT so we might as well just submit and have a shit name no one cares anymore nice
PhantomRaviolis
PhantomRaviolis
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRaviolis Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:07 pm

or we could pick another name and only two people will have a problem. Is this a democracy or a dictatorship Question
PhantomRaviolis
PhantomRaviolis
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bearcules Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:11 pm

Running a dictatorship is just SO much easier... Twisted Evil
Bearcules
Bearcules
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaada Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:14 pm

PhantomRaviolis wrote:it's only you and yarning who oppose all other names and everyone else opposing team triangle so shouldn't the compromise be more on your end Razz?
I don't think you understood what I said at all. I didn't say that we need to come to a compromise specifically, I said we needed to agree upon a course of action. That could be anything from compromise, to segregrating, or to my personal favourite: being Team Triangle!
Bearcules wrote:HOWEVER. I still think Triangles are fucking stupid. How about a different shape.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_geometric_shapes
We have plenty to choose from.
This isn't getting the right idea, either. Yarning and I don't want Team Triangle because it's the name of a shape, because it's silly, or because of how it sounds. We want Team Triangle because it means something to us now. We've said this time and time again and I don't think anybody else is really understanding so I'm going to have to plead people to trust us on this one that we do really hold value in the name Team Triangle. There will be no meaning if we name ourselves Team Dodecahedron or whatever.

Shaada
Shaada
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRaviolis Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:23 pm

This is the biggest troll ever conceived,

or you are both deluded. How is it so important that TWO people can name the entire team (keep all our future members in mind)
and yes indeed dictatorships are easier but not when it's ben or yarning lol.

Team Triangle is not some kind of fucking unborn child how can it MEAN something. (u r so deep <3)

I'm sure we all trust you hold value but no one else does.

I'm also sure you can grow to love another name.

I think if more than 2 people oppose TT we should just name it anything else and be done with it

PhantomRaviolis
PhantomRaviolis
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  kp Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:54 pm

^

SNB

SERIOUS NAMING BUSINESS

here is some insight.
prior to the name etp, we too struggled to name the clan. It started off as Awoken with several people opposed to that name.
we have a round of voting of names then I dropped the name "enslave the poor" as a joke. it had the least resistance so it stuck.. also because it amused the entire clan.
Names will often just grow on you, so I think its time for everyone to just get over yourselves and come up with something.

in saying that, Team Triangle sounds a little try-hard and personally reminds me of fucking twilight with that whole Team Edward and Team Jacob nonsense....

The Current State of our Team Name 41aw

kp
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRaviolis Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:06 am

Indeed.

Currently Shaada and Yarning are gagging for TT so:

1) By unpopular demand we name the team TT to get this shitstorm over with

2) Name it anything else

What will it be???

I'm assuming most people would opt for number 2
PhantomRaviolis
PhantomRaviolis
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaada Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:29 am

Krishan and I may be unrelentingly stubborn, but it's only because we know exactly what we want. Something I don't think anyone else here can say in regards to not only the team name, but also to the ideals and direction of the team. We want Team Triangle to become a legacy, something we stick to for years to come. That's how much we like the name and that's why we are so unwilling to lose it. Now, obviously Yarning and I can't solely decide our global name (if we do end up having one), but it's not a stretch to say the two of us have the majority say in the name of our Tribes team (alongside Phantom). Because of these points, we've made the definitive decision that our Tribes team will be named Team Triangle.

Non-Tribes players may think this irrelevant so let me try to explain why that's not the case.

Due to the team becoming a reality, and our aims for the team explained above, both Krishan and I really wish to keep Team Triangle going into both Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2. We also really wish for everybody else to be with us as well. I may have only met Arcarno and Kiwipork briefly, but I already know that I want to be playing D3 and GW2 with them when the game's released. Same goes for everybody here. This is the more complicated bit where we all need to come to an agreement as to our course of action. I talked to Neji about a couple options and I think, at least at this stage, he is "okay" with going ahead with Team Triangle as our over-arching name. I did think of another option which most people don't like so far but I'll detail it below* for everyone in case some people see some merit in it.

The biggest regret I have is that I know it appears Yarning and I are forcing the name onto everyone, so hopefully this clears up the process we took and I hope even more that people can grow to like the name Team Triangle as much as we do.

As an aside, I just want to say that I've always wanted to do something big in gaming and I feel that with Tribes and GW2, this is the best and last shot I have before life takes over and I have to move into the real world with a real job. I want to put my all into TT and make something of it; something more than a team. I want to be able to leave behind my best gaming years without any regrets. I hope at least some others share this goal, or at least can jump on board with it and help me.

Lastly, although this name business has blown wayyyyyyy out of proportion it's good to see everybody (bar Aaron's random-as-fuck writing style Razz) discussing and debating both intelligently and with level-heads. It just goes to show what a good bunch of guys we have here and gives me confidence that we won't have any real issues or dramas down the road.

*Leaving aside D3, because I don't think there will be much depth in terms of guilds or competitive PvP, my idea was that basically we go into GW2 as two seperate guilds under one alliance, TT and whatever the other one is. I'm making an assumption here that the alliance system in GW2 will be similar to that in GW1 in that there is no significant disadvantage in being in separate guilds if they're in the same alliance (communication, guild PvP etc. are all the same). I may be overlooking something, or GW2 alliance system may be different, but if that is not the case then I see no real practical reason why this option wouldn't be ok. The biggest counterpoint to this, which I agree with, is that any kind of segregation between us is bad. I felt I should explain this option to all, though, just to be fair.
Shaada
Shaada
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Bearcules Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:01 am

Shaada and I have discussed this matter thoroughly enough and I feel that it is time we finally come to a conclusion.

Shaada's suggestion that if we absolutely cannot agree as a whole on the name Team Triangle, we should make two guilds under one alliance, is completely unacceptable. No matter how the alliance system works out to be, this separation will not occur. That is my final word on the matter.

Seeing as how Shaada is unwilling to capitulate on the name change, there is no other option but to take the name Team Triangle. I feel that it is not worth it to argue on this point any longer. When it comes down to it we have two choices; Team Triangle or split. Team Triangle is the obvious victor.

In saying that, I still do not like the name as much I need to but as Arcarno, Shaada and myself have said, the name will grow to be irrelevant. What WILL be relevant though, is our team itself and the way in which we conduct ourselves. As we grow as a team, we will no longer be identified as 'Team Triangle', but instead, by our merits. Team Triangle will only serve as a name for which people call us.

As I said before, this is my final word on the matter. If you have any glaring disagreements about this then please talk to me personally.
Bearcules
Bearcules
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRaviolis Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:25 am

Done. Lock this bitch. God damn.
PhantomRaviolis
PhantomRaviolis
Officer

Back to top Go down